2021 Show dates
March 20/21 – Airdrie, AB – The Bullpen-Cancelled
April 24/25 – Airdrie, AB – The Bullpen-Cancelled
May 15/16 – Olds, AB
June 12/13 – Carstairs, AB – Carstairs Rodeo Grounds
July 24/25 – Didsbury, AB- Didsbury Rodeo Grounds
FINALS: Sept 11/12 – Olds, AB
Fingers crossed we will be able to have some sort of a 2021 penning season!!!
- If you paid for a CATPA Membership in 2020, your membership automatically rolls over into 2021. You will be required to sign a release form for 2021 prior to riding at the first show in 2021.
- If you paid for a CTCPA Membership and did NOT attend the National Finals in Calgary your membership will automatically roll over into 2021.
- If you paid for a CTCPA Membership and DID attend the National Finals in Calgary you will require to purchase a 2021 CTCPA Membership.
- If you need a 2021 CATPA Membership, if you pay prior to February 28th, 2021 you will get the early bird discount.
- EVERYONE must complete waivers for the 2021 season.
- All memberships, waivers etc. as well as any questions or concerns can be sent to email@example.com
THANK YOU TO ALL OF CATPA’S BOARD, MEMBERS, SPONSORS AND VOLUNTEERS FOR A FANTASTIC 2019 SEASON.
To promote the sport of Team Cattle Penning.
To establish and maintain a handicap system that encourages team cattle penners of every age and every skill level to compete in the sport
To promote a pastime that fosters family involvement while setting standards for proper conduct and good sportsmanship.
To constantly strive to improve, enhance and enrich the sport through refinement and innovation.
Sportsmanship -respect your fellow penners, officials and volunteers.
Losing a Hat – losing a hat adds additional time to the length of the show.
Promptness – know your order of go and be at the gate when called. Following your run and/or herd holding, exit the arena as quickly as possible. (Discuss your run outside the arena.)
Herd Holding – hustle to the herd following your run to complete your herd holding duties. Herd holders are to stay in place and exit arena immediately upon the number being called. Herd holders should exit close to the outside walls so as not to interfere with the next competing team and no attempt should be made to bury cattle.
Herd holders should be positioned at the side of the herd and facing the herd so as not to obscure numbers from the next competing team.